Saturday, June 20, 2009

Roosevelt Lake 2009!!!


Wow I can't believe our family reunion has already come and gone. After 8 days my kids were worn out, but after just one day of being home we were all ready to go back. My family loves this great time with cousins, aunts and uncles, grandma's and grandpa's, and maybe not so much with Mom and Dad. Thanks a ton to Mom and Dad/Grams and Papa for making this week so much fun and mostly keeping us fed. There is so much work that goes into this great week, but my parents love to do it just to get everyone together. "Thanks Mom and Dad you really are the best"!

Caelin loved the knee board she would get out there and try to do tricks and just be laughing. She also loved the tubes which for some reason there are no pictures to post of those. She really has gotten brave this year and she would compete with the big boys/girls to see who could stay on the longest and she won on more than one occasion.

Jace loved the tubes as well, he figured out that he could stand up on them and try to surf while they were moving, he thought that was quite fun. He also loved to go fishing with Austin and even though he didn't catch anything he went back time and time again. Jace also was a bit of a daredevil, his uncle Trym took him to jump off a quite high (so I am told) cement pylon into the water. Some of the older kids said it was scary but according to Jace he climed right up and was the first one to jump in.


These two were inseperable for most of the week. Jeff was off all week except for Friday. Everywhere Jeff went Jett was there with him.

Jett loved the water even though I thought is was a bit chilly. When we made him get in the boat to leave he was not very happy.

He loved the water, the food, the boat, and most of all having his daddy right there with him all week long.



And then there is Jeff....I told somebody that when I saw him barefoot and then wakeboard I decided I liked him. He is a show-off for sure, but he is good at it.

Look at that AIR?!?!?

What an amazing time we had. So much at not near enough pictures to do the week justice. Other than the water sports, the kids also loved roasting marshmallows, eating homeade ice cream (almost every night), eating Papa's good food, and mostly just being outside to run and roam as they please.

And as for me it was just relaxing (even though I didn't get near as much sleep as I needed, unlike Sherra). I felt great and the kids were happy, who could ask for anything more.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Looks like a great time!

Sherra said...

Hey - no making fun of my sleep! :) I miss that part too - Wouldn't it be nice to be able to do it more than once a year? I'm so ready - 11 1/2 months left, but who's counting? :)